Looking for a simply delicious banana chocolate chip snack cake? You have to try this tried and true recipe!
It’s a muffin, it’s a bread, it’s a snack cake! (AKA a muffin/bread/cake combo that is delicious enough for dessert and healthy enough for breakfast or a snack). This Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake is simple to whip up and delicious to eat!
This post is all about banana chocolate chip snack cake!
Banana Snack Cake Made Easy!
This recipe is inspired by Yum & Yummer‘s Banana Walnut Snack Cake. I love finding recipes that have great bones and then making it my own! Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake is a crowd-pleaser for the whole family. Great as an after school snack, lunch box addition or to bake together on a rainy afternoon.
I love that this recipe is simple to make with ingredients I almost always have in the house. If I had to choose between cooking or baking, I would choose cooking. I just have never really loved to bake. So when I do, I want recipes that are easy and enjoyable to make that turn out tasty with minimal effort!
Snack Cake Porch Delivery
This Snack Cake would make a great porch delivery for a new Mom, a neighbour or a friend. You could bring it to a playdate, or have it ready with hot tea for visitors. I love recipes that make great meals or snacks to give to others. Looking for more inspiration for ways to care for others? Check out this blog post!
How To Make Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
The definition of sweet and simple in the kitchen is versatile recipes that work well for almost any occasion!
Mix everything together, pour it into a pan and voila!
The more ripe the bananas, the better! It will give the snack cake a softer and sweeter taste.
If you’re looking to keep them super soft, try putting them away in tupperware while still slightly warm. The moisture will keep the snack cake tasting fresh even little longer.
Should we get to it? Here is the recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake!
Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas super ripe is best!
- ¾ cup plain yogurt I recommend greek yogurt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil or sunflower, safflower, olive
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips add more or less to your preference
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch baking pan or cover bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, yogurt, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and still just until everything is mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before cutting to serve.