Are you looking for inspiration to throw your own Reach For The Stars birthday party? Look no further!
It’s no secret that I love a good birthday theme! I have so much fun planning themes around my children’s interests. For my son’s birthday, I knew I wanted to throw him a “reach for the stars” celebration. “Reach for the stars” is not only a fun theme to tie in with space, it expresses a deeper meaning. It is a motivational phrase that encourages achieving great things. My little guy is ambitious, full of adventure and loves to learn. Not to mention, who doesn’t love a play on words? Reach FOUR the stars theme was such a fun way to celebrate the big FOUR!
In this blog post, I am going to share simple ways to throw a reach for the stars themed birthday! Keep reading to get some decoration, food and gift ideas!
Reach For The Stars Birthday
A “Reach Four the Stars” birthday party is the perfect theme to make your little one’s special day truly spectacular. I love how you can bring this theme to life by going all out or more budget-friendly by considering a few simple details. Either way, this theme makes a big impact!
For our son’s birthday, we decided to keep it sweet and simple by using a few simple decor pieces and materials from around the house!
Outer Space Decorations
Creating a stellar atmosphere for the party doesn’t have to be complex. Transform the party area with minimal yet effective decorations.
The decor pieces I bought for the party were a big 4 silver balloon, a cloud table cloth, a yellow star garland and gold/silver stars from Party City. I used these for the backdrop behind the table where we laid out all of the food! In addition, I also bought space-themed candles for the cake and fun balloons in blue and yellow for around the house.
I used a white flat sheet as the background and hung all of the decorations around it. I used clear sheet protectors and a sharpie to write the REACH FOUR THE STARS banner (more detail below!). We painted planets using recycled cardboard and paint.
We also used a light projector to project stars on the backdrop to give a twinkling effective (such a great birthday gift idea that ties in with the theme!).
Some other decoration ideas you could consider:
You could hang strings of silver and gold stars from the ceiling or along the walls to create a twinkling effect. Perhaps you could use helium-filled star-shaped balloons to add an extra touch of space. If you have access to a darkened space, consider sticking glow-in-the-dark stars on the walls in addition to a lights projector to make the theme really come to life!
Reach Four The Stars Banner
This was one of the simplest DIYs I have ever done! When looking around our home for something to write the birthday sign on, I decided to use page protectors. I simply cut the page protectors in half to have two individual clear sheets. Then I wrote each word in capital with a sharpie. I cut out each word and attached it with tape and a string. From there, I was able to add them to the backdrop using more tape. So easy and I love how it turned out!
Space-Themed Food Ideas
When it comes to serving food, my main consideration is what will best serve everyone at the party. I like to think of food items that are crowd-pleasing and easy to grab. I also like for there to be variety so that everyone can pick and choose what they like best.
You can get creative with the food and drinks to match the theme. Consider using space-themed cookie cutters to make sandwiches or cookies shaped like stars, planets, or rockets. Serve snacks in metallic-looking bowls. Another idea is to create a colourful cosmic punch with blueberry or raspberry flavours. You could also consider calling cheese cubes or cheese balls “moon cheese”, meatballs could be “meteorites” and cupcakes could be galaxy themed.
Alternatively, the food can be totally unrelated to the theme! This year, my son requested nachos and his Grandma’s homemade cake so we went with it!
I don’t think you can go wrong with food at a party if there is variety and enough for everyone!
Best Space Gift Ideas
My son’s group gift for his birthday was a new bed (you guessed it!) space-themed bedding and pyjamas! He was so over the moon to upgrade from a toddler bed to his big bed (similar). I love how we were able to tie in his birthday theme with his gifts. In addition, we thrifted him some space themed books that I also used as decor at his party! I love this book and this one!
When it comes to choosing birthday gifts for a reach for the stars birthday party, you have a lot of options to explore! Consider gifts that capture the magic of the stars, the wonder of space exploration, and the beauty of objects in space. Read below for more cosmic gift ideas that are sure to be a big hit for the birthday boy or girl!
More Space-Themed Gift Ideas:
1. Glow-in-the-Dark Toys: From glow-in-the-dark star stickers to cosmic-themed glow sticks,
2. Astronaut Dress-up Set: A helmet, spacesuit, and other space accessories would make a great gift.
3. Starry Night Projector: Great for the party and for their bedroom.
4. Telescope: A beginner’s telescope is a fantastic gift that will allow them to explore the moon, stars, and even planets.
5. Space-Themed puzzles: Choose puzzles with images of galaxies, constellations, or space-themed scenes.
6. Solar System Mobile: A solar system mobile with hanging planets will add a touch of charm to their bedroom.
7. Space Art Prints: Such a fun way to help them decorate their room with a space theme in mind!
8. Space-themed Art Supplies: What kid wouldn’t love cosmic-coloured markers, glittery paints, and space-themed colouring books?
9. Star Map Poster: A personalized star map poster depicting the night sky on the date of the child’s birth or the party date is a very sweet and sentimental gift.
10. Lunar Lava Lamp: Another fun gift idea for a bedroom.
11. Astronomy Kits: Gift astronomy kits that allow the child to build and explore various space-related models, such as a model of the solar system or a rocket.
12. Space Museum Visit: As an experience gift, plan a visit to a local museum or plan a day trip to visit a space museum in another city.
This post was all about throwing a Reach For The Stars themed birthday!
A “Reach Four the Stars” birthday party is an exciting and unforgettable way to celebrate your child’s special day. With a little imagination, creativity, and a sprinkle of space, you can transform the party into a wonderful adventure that will leave your child and their friends with memories that will last a lifetime. So, let the countdown begin, and prepare for a space celebration that is truly out of this world!